A tip can be submitted via one of two methods: on your mobile device or on a desktop browser. To submit a tip using the mobile app, open the LiveSafe Mobile App on your device. From the home screen, (seen below) you will have two options to submit a tip – Report Suspicious Activity and Report Incident:
Suspicious Activity is a type of tip or insight into something you observed that is out of the ordinary or arises some level of suspicious. Report Incident is similar however it is more detailed in that something has already occurred and you are reporting it to your local security offices. Clicking into Report Incident will show you all available tip types within your organization. Note: the list of available tip types can vary organization to organization.
Tap one of the available tip types that best fits the category of the information you are providing:
- Attach Photo allows you to take a picture or attach a picture from your camera roll.
- Attach Video allows you to take a video or attach a video from your camera roll.
- Attach Audio allows you to record audio.
- The details field allows you to free type all the information you need to explain the tip to your security officers. Be as detailed as possible to ensure the security officers have the best information to respond to the tip.
- Approximate location will auto-populate based on where you are. This allows security officers to respond swiftly and accurately to where the incident occurred. Note: mobile location services must be turned on for this to function properly.
- Sent by will auto-populate with your user information from your profile. You have the ability to submit tips anonymously which will leave out your name and any contact details. Anonymous means anonymous.
- The toggle button to switch between displaying your user information and reporting anonymously.
- Send button which is used to submit the tip once you have detailed everything pertinent to the incident.
To submit a tip using a desktop internet browser:
1. Visit https://tips.livesafemobile.com.
2. Sign in using the username and password you used when you created your account from your mobile device. Note: It is currently not possible to create an account from the desktop internet browser.
3. Select "Submit New Tip", select the tip type you want to submit, and include the appropriate description, attachments, etc.
4. Click "Submit Tip"
You're done! The tip will be submitted to your organization. Once the tip is submitted, you can then initiate a two-way chat with your organization to discuss the tip or provide additional information.