If a user has registered with your organization’s LiveSafe system via the app BEFORE being added as an admin via the dashboard, then they will already exist in the LiveSafe database. If this is the case:
Search for the user you need to edit in the search bar at the top left of the Users page.
From the search results, click on the user’s name so it is highlighted blue.
User details will appear to the right of the search results. You can update the user information on the "Info" tab or click the “Privileges” tab to update what they are allowed to do within the dashboard, then click “Save”.
The Info tab will show what communities that person is currently subscribed to as an app user.
There are five types of Privileges:
1. Log in to Dashboard: enables access to the Dashboard and the ability to open and respond to tips.
2. Add/Edit Users: enables the ability to invite new users to the app and the dashboard, to delete users from the system, and to alter user privileges.
3. Create/Send Broadcasts | Add/Edit Groups | Add/Edit standard Geofences: enables the user to send broadcasts, modify groups, and create or modify standard Geofences. Standard Geofences are used for geo-targeting Broadcast messages to users with location services enabled.
4. Add/Edit standard & Community Geofences | Add/Edit Map Places: enables the user to edit both standard and Community geofences, as well as locations on the Safety Map. Community Geofences prompt users to join the org if they enter this geofence (which is particularly useful for organizations with multiple locations).
5. Receive new event emails: the user will receive an email for every new event that comes through the dashboard.
When a user’s Dashboard privileges are amended, they will receive an email to verify the change. For new Dashboard Administrators, they will then gain access to additional features in the Dashboard based off of their new assigned role.