Adding a user to the dashboard WITHOUT granting them dashboard privileges will allow that user to receive any broadcast or check-in messages sent from the dashboard they are associated with. They will receive communications via the channels they have provided contact information for (i.e. SMS text message to the mobile phone number and/or an email to the email address provided). Since they have not downloaded the app at this point, they will not receive push notifications.
- Navigate to the “Users” window in your Dashboard. To do this, locate the blank toolbar on the right side of your browser window, and click the icon that resembles a single person.
- In the “Users” window, scroll all the way to the right and click the blue “Add User” button
- You will be prompted to enter the new users email address, and then click “Add”
- Enter information about the user. Required information is denoted by an asterisk; cell phone number is not required, however if they do provide one the new user will be able to receive notifications via text message.
Do not check any of the boxes next to the items listed beneath the field for phone number. If you do this, the user will be granted Administrator privileges.
- At the bottom of the window that appears in Step 4, click the green “Save” button.
This creates a valid account for the user - meaning if they download the app in the future using the same email or phone number, they will be treated as an existing user with system and will be prompted to enter a password.
If they are considering downloading the app, instruct them to click “Forgot Password” when they are prompted for their password at login - this will allow them to create a password of their choosing.
After completing Step 5, you will have successfully added a new contact-only user. Any email address or cell phone number that is entered via the Dashboard during this process will be treated as validated and the user will not receive any messages.