If it does not already exist, create your geofence using the map on the home-screen.
1. You can go to the map by clicking on the folded map icon on the right-side toolbar.
a. Click the “LiveSafe” drop-down box in the upper-right hand corner of the map
b. Select either “Draw Geofence (Circle)” or “Draw Geofence (Custom).”
Recommendation: Make the geofence slightly larger than it needs to be, in order to account for cell phone location accuracy challenges.
c. Name the geofence.
2. Go to the broadcast menu using the megaphone icon on the right-side toolbar.
3. Select “New Broadcast.”
4. Choose the preferred Communication Method(s): Push Notification, Text and/or Email
5. Click "Select Recipients," and choose the group(s) you wish to use for the broadcast
6. Select “Apply Geofences,” and choose the geofence(s) you wish to use for the broadcast.
a. Select "Broadcast Time Window" if you would like the broadcast to be active for a period of time (hours, days, or weeks).
7. Enter your message and click “Send Broadcast.”
Your message will only send to the recipients selected who have their location turned on, are in the selected recipient groups and are in the area of the applied geofence(s) at the time of the message.
To learn more about sending broadcasts, please see: Sending a Standard Broadcast Message.