Broadcast Messaging Overview
Broadcast Messaging allows dashboard administrators to send mass notifications to members within your organization via push notification, SMS text, email, and RSS feed (optional). Below is a step-by-step guide on how to send standard broadcast messages and understand the results.
Where is the "New Broadcast" Button?
To access the Broadcast Messaging subsystem, click on the megaphone icon in the top part of the right navigation bar. Then, from the Broadcast tab, click the blue “New Broadcast” button located at the top right of the screen.
How to Send a Standard Broadcast Message
- Select the communication method(s) through which you want to send the broadcast message by clicking on each corresponding box: push notification, SMS text, and email.
- Select the intended audience by clicking the white “Select Recipients” button. In the recipient panel view that appears, the left-side lists the recipient options (e.g. selecting the entire organization or groups within the organization). As you select your recipients, they will appear in the right-side panel for confirmation.
Once your recipient list has been built, click on the blue “Add Recipients to Broadcast” button.
- If applicable, choose existing geofences using the “Apply Geofences” button. Note: To add a geofence to a broadcast, you must first create it on the home-screen map
- If applicable, input the desired time frame for the dynamic broadcast message.
- If applicable, attach an image via the “Attach Image” button.
- In the message content text box, type your message. As you begin typing, the display will show you the number of characters you have left based on the Communication Methods you selected.
- You are ready to send your broadcast message. Click on the blue “Send Broadcast” button.
Special considerations about broadcast message methods of communication
Due to the character limitations of SMS text and push notification, we recommend sending longer, more detailed broadcast messages separately through email. If you select SMS text or push notification, LiveSafe will not allow you to send the broadcast message until the character count is within the required range (160 characters for SMS text and 1,800 characters for push notifications).
Please note, the name of your organization is automatically appended to the beginning of your message and counts towards the characters used.
Note For Enterprise Structures
If your organization is utilizing Enterprise Structures, dashboard administrators can select organizations, communities, and groups from any dashboard nested beneath. For example in Organization A, dashboard administrators at the Master Dashboard level are able to select full regions such as Colorado and/or individual communities like Denver or Durango. Additionally, a geofence can be selected as a recipient filter from any level beneath the dashboard sending the broadcast.
Note: Broadcast messages do not always reach all users due to factors that are outside of LiveSafe's control. To learn more, please visit: Why broadcast messages may not reach some users.