The LiveSafe mobile app can work on your cellular data alone, however, enabling WiFi will improve the accuracy of your device's GPS location. GPS location utilizes satellites to pinpoint your location. If you are inside a building, it can make it more difficult for your device's GPS antenna to ascertain your exact location. Enabling Wifi acts as a booster for the GPS and helps pinpoint your location if you're indoors. Additionally, you don't have to be connected to a WiFi network; you just have to enable WiFi on the device.
Articles in this section
- Can my location be tracked by LiveSafe?
- Can my organization track my location whenever the choose?
- When is my location being shared?
- Do I need to enable WiFi?
- Will setting my location services to "Always" drain my battery?
- Why would I want to set location sharing to “Always”?
- Why do I need to share my location with LiveSafe?