The LiveSafe mobile app relies on your cellular phone connection and/or the WiFi signal to make calls. As long as your device has a cell connection or is connected to WiFi (and WiFi calling is enabled on the device), the app will be able to connect. As far as location goes, if you lose connection, the app will default to the last known location. From there, it will attempt to load the emergency number associated with that location.
Articles in this section
- How are international toll-free numbers handled overseas?
- Will emergency calls still go through if I have little to no cellular connection?
- How does the app know which number to call in the event of an emergency?
- How will emergency responders know where to go if I call 911 from inside a building?
- What happens when I select "Call 911" from the emergency options section?
- Why should I use Emergency Options instead of just calling 911
- How to stop sharing your location after Emergency Options ends
- What happens when I click "Emergency Options"?