Your LiveSafe user database is comprised of app users, some of whom have Dashboard Administrator privileges. You can easily manage who has access to your organization’s Command Dashboard as well as edit their administrative privileges.
App users are individuals in your system. Most of these users will not have Dashboard Administrator privileges and will only be able to use the LiveSafe App. Those who have Dashboard Administrator privileges have access to the Command Dashboard where tips are processed.
There are six types of Privileges:
- Log in to Dashboard: enables access to the Dashboard and the ability to open and respond to tips.
- Add/Edit Users: enables the ability to invite new users to the app and the dashboard, to delete users from the system, and to alter user privileges.
- Create/Send Broadcasts | Add/Edit Groups | Add/Edit standard Geofences: enables the user to send broadcasts, modify groups, and create or modify standard Geofences. Standard Geofences are used for geo-targeting Broadcast messages to users with location services enabled.
- Add/Edit standard & Community Geofences | Add/Edit Map Places: enables the user to edit both standard and Community geofences, as well as locations on the Safety Map. Community Geofences prompt users to join the org if they enter this geofence (which is particularly useful for organizations with multiple locations).
- Receive new event emails: the user will receive an email for every new event that comes through the dashboard.
- Configure Mobile App Home Screen: enables the user to add, edit, remove, and reorder elements of the mobile app home screen for communities at or below the level where the privilege is granted.
When a user’s Dashboard privileges are amended, they will receive an email to verify the change. For new Dashboard Administrators, they will then gain access to additional features in the Dashboard based off of their new assigned role.
Follow the steps below to update user dashboard access and edit the privilege levels for Dashboard Admins:
1. Search for the user you need to edit in the search bar at the top left of the Users page.
2. From the search results, click on the user’s name so it is highlighted blue.
3. User details will appear to the right of the search results. Click the “Privileges” tab to update what they are allowed to do within the dashboard.
4. Click “Save”.