Preset Messages are a powerful tool that enable faster and easier communication with your community. To learn more about those, click here.
This guide offers some suggestions of Preset Messages. The list below is by no means comprehensive, but is mostly intended to help your organization brainstorm the kinds of preset messages you may want to include:
- All Clear: [Organization] Police/Safety has issued an "All Clear" for [Reason]. The area is back to safety. Thank you for your patience and assistance.
- Building Closure: [Organization] is closed due to [reason, i.e. severe weather]. Normal business operations have been suspended. Please be careful and use good judgment on your way to the [building/campus].
- Campus Shuttle Delays: The campus shuttle is delayed for [reason]. It is currently running [X] minutes behind schedule.
- Phone/Internet Outages: [Organization/building] is experiencing [type] outages. In the event of an emergency, please contact [Public Safety/Police/Dispatch Center] at [Alternate Phone Number]. If you are experiencing a busy signal, please hang up and try again. Dial 911 for emergencies.
- Building Power Outage: [Organization] is experiencing power outages around the campus; please remain calm as we try to restore power. We will update you of any conditions as they change. Please contact your building manager for usage and openings.
- Community Update: Emergency Alert Update- [Organization] Police Department has concluded [update details].
- Emergency Alert- Robbery: [Organization] Police are investigating a robbery in the area of [Location]. Stay clear of the area and [Further Instructions] until further notice.
- Emergency Hazard Spill: [Organization] has issued an emergency for a hazardous spill at [Campus/Building/Location]. Stay clear of the [building], or area of [cross-street] and [cross-street] until further notice.
- Fire Emergency: [Organization] [Police/Fire] Department has issued a fire emergency investigation at [location] or area of [cross street] and [cross street]. Evacuate the building and stay clear of the affected area until further notice!
- Hurricane Alert: This is a Hurricane Weather Advisory Alert. The building will be closed until further notice, shelter in place and stay indoors. Weather updates will be provided as weather conditions change.
- Note: repurpose this alert for Tornadoes, Cyclones, Monsoons, Extreme Winds, or other extreme weather advisories. Alternatively, use the Weather Advisory Preset message.
- Weather Advisory: Greetings [Organization], The National Weather Service has issued an [alert specifics]. Please be aware of your surroundings at all times. Weather updates will be provided as weather conditions change.
- Flooding: Advisory: flooding reported at [Location]. Please avoid this area until further notice.
- Natural Gas Leak: [Organization] Police Department has issued a police emergency for a natural gas leak at [Campus/Building/Location]. Stay clear of the affected building(s) [building names], or area of [cross street] and [cross street] until further notice.
- Parking Lot Closure: Parking Lot Closures! [Location] Any vehicle that is left on the lot will be towed at the owner’s expense. This lot will remain closed through [date and time].
- Parking Full During Event: Parking [Lot Identifier] is now full. Alternative parking is available at [location]. We are monitoring and will update as more information becomes available.
- Telecommunication Notifications Test: This is a TEST of the Emergency Notification System. We are federally mandated to test the system at least once per year. In the event of a real emergency, this system will give you specific instructions on what you need to do to stay safe. Again, this is only a TEST.
- Be On the Lookout (BOLO): Be On the Lookout: [Subject Description] at [location]. Please contact [Public Safety office] if you have additional information.
- Suspicious Package: [Organization], we have received a report of a suspicious package at [location]. Public Safety is responding. Please avoid this area until further notice.
- Start of Term or Welcome back after holidays: Welcome back to [Organization]! As a reminder, LiveSafe gives you the opportunity to communicate directly with the [Public Safety office]. If you see something or need help, say something with LiveSafe!
Many of these preset messages require further customization based on the specific event. Assembling most of the message as a preset and leaving the places where a callout is needed still increases the speed of response while maintaining messaging continuity. Dashboard administrators can then simply replace those customizable blocks and send the message.
Let us know if you have any questions in the comment box, below.