You can enable community members to take a survey within LiveSafe, by linking a card to an outside survey provider or by sending Broadcast Messages linked to the survey. This can be useful to generate feedback around events, or to better serve the health and wellness of a community.
How to enable a Card-Based survey
Before implementing a survey, please ensure that you have the resources to address the responses you may receive. If you request information and it is provided by members of your organization, but you are unable to properly address those responses, it will only undercut any trust your community already has for your team.
- If you do not already have Card-Based Home Screen, contact the LiveSafe team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request the transition. It's quick to do, and provides a more modern, user-friendly feel to the mobile app.
- Tell our team that you would like to add a survey.
- Create the survey through your existing third-party survey service (such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, Typeform, Zoho, Google Forms, etc.)
- Send the survey link to our team. We will set enable a card that directly links to the survey, enabling users to access it and fill it out.
- As always, spread the word! Use Broadcast Messages and internal organization communications methods to let people know about the survey and encourage them to download LiveSafe.
Sending a Broadcast-based Survey
- Create a survey through your existing third-party survey service (such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, Typeform, Zoho, Google Forms, etc.)
- Create a Broadcast Message.
- In your Broadcast, include the link to the survey and the reason why your community should fill it out. Remember: their reason for filling out a survey is different than your reason. Meet them in their core value proposition, not in yours.
Surveys for Coronavirus
The coronavirus outbreak and the associated need for work from home or remote teaching makes it more challenging to maintain awareness about the community's health and wellness. A survey can help track potential health issues in the community, as well as other issues such as isolation, anxiety, and other related mental health challenges.
Sample questions (note: these are simply a template to help you brainstorm potential survey questions. Please add or subtract as needed):
- Have you had any of the following symptoms within the past 14 days? (Select all that apply).
- Fever (temp > 100.4)
- Shortness of Breath/Difficulty Breathing
- No symptoms
- Are any of the following true for you? (Select all that apply):
- International/travel outside the U.S. or on a cruise ship within the past 14 days
- Exposure to someone with diagnosed COVID-19
- May be immunosuppressed (such as due to a chronic condition, autoimmune disease, recent cancer treatment or remission, immunosuppressant medications, etc.)
- How old are you? (Note: you can create more granular age breakdowns if it fits your organization)
- Under 60 years old
- 60-70 years old
- 70-80 years old
- More than 70 years old
- Are you pregnant?
- Do you provide direct patient care, or are a healthcare worker with regular exposure to patients in a healthcare setting?
- Do you need any assistance? (Reminder: you can always reach out to us and ask for assistance by submitting a LiveSafe tip!)
- No, thank you!
- Yes (allow freeform response)