You can enable community members to take a survey within LiveSafe, by linking a card to an outside survey provider or by sending Broadcast Messages linked to the survey. This can be useful to generate feedback around events, or to better serve the health and wellness of a community.
How to enable a Card-Based survey
Before implementing a survey, please ensure that you have the resources to address the responses you may receive. If you request information and it is provided by members of your organization, but you are unable to properly address those responses, it will only undercut any trust your community already has for your team.
- If you do not already have Card-Based Home Screen, contact the LiveSafe team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request the transition. It's quick to do, and provides a more modern, user-friendly feel to the mobile app.
- Tell our team that you would like to add a survey.
- Create the survey through your existing third-party survey service (such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, Typeform, Zoho, Google Forms, etc.)
- Send the survey link to our team. We will set enable a card that directly links to the survey, enabling users to access it and fill it out.
- As always, spread the word! Use Broadcast Messages and internal organization communications methods to let people know about the survey and encourage them to download LiveSafe.
Sending a Broadcast-based Survey
- Create a survey through your existing third-party survey service (such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, Typeform, Zoho, Google Forms, etc.)
- Create a Broadcast Message.
- In your Broadcast, include the link to the survey and the reason why your community should fill it out. Remember: their reason for filling out a survey is different than your reason. Meet them in their core value proposition, not in yours.
Surveys for Coronavirus
Please see COVID-19 Daily Health Survey for more information.
The Coronavirus Pandemic is also increasing the risk of many challenges, including mental health, sexual assault, domestic violence, and cybersecurity. If you are interested in better identifying significant risks within your community so that you can better serve your people, please contact us about distributing a Health & Wellness survey.