What is Connect?
LiveSafe Connect is the the LiveSafe platform’s group chat feature-set built for officials to have secure Conversations with both internal & external Participants.
See intro video here
What can I use Connect for?
Use case #1:
You’ve received a “Suspicious Person” tip in your Dashboard, which includes a picture, and you want to send it out to your security team to be on the lookout for the person
Use case #2
You want to have an ongoing open Conversation with your security group regarding current status and smaller incidents
Use case #3:
Your company has send a LiveSafe Broadcast Message to all employees about smoke in the building, and you now want to send that same Broadcast to the security directors of other companies in the neighboring buildings
Use case #4:
You’ve seen pattern of break-ins in the facilities in your area, and you want to start a Conversation to warn & discuss with the security directors in other cities
Use case #5:
A large protest is scheduled in the park next week, and you want to have an open channel Conversation with other security heads in the week leading up to, and then during, the protest
Use case #6:
You’ve see an increase in bike thefts on your campus, and want to discuss in a Conversation with the Chiefs at other schools
How Does Connect Work?
- A Connect Conversation is created by anybody with LiveSafe Command Dashboard privileges, for Clients who have had Connect turned on
- The Conversation Owner/creator can add any email address as a Participant
- Every Participant receives an Conversation invite via email
- Clicking in the email invite launches the LiveSafe mobile app
- The Participant lands in the Conversation, with no registration or login required
- Real-time group chat amongst all Participants then takes place in the Conversation
- All Participants receive a mobile app push notification anytime anybody sends a new chat message
- All Conversations you've been invited to are visible in the Connect activity screen in the mobile app
- Admins can also create Conversations in the mobile app
Who can use Connect?
Requirements to Create Conversations
- Must be LiveSafe Client
- Must have LiveSafe account that has privileges to sign in to LiveSafe Dashboard
- Must have Connect turned on for your Organization
- You can then invite any email address as a Participant, no limitations, i.e. the email address does not have to be associated with any organization nor any LiveSafe account
Requirements for Conversation Participants
- Anybody with an email get be added as a Connect Conversation Participants
- All invited Participants (including the creator/owner) will receive a Conversation invite via email
- Participants need to click the button in the email invite on their mobile device
- Participants will need to download the LiveSafe mobile app after clicking in Conversation email invite (if they don't already have the LiveSafe app)
- Participants will then land in the Conversation in the LiveSafe mobile app, without ever having to sign in or create an account
- All Participants can send chats & add media in the Conversation
- Conversations will only be saved on the initial mobile device they were opened in, but can be restored or viewed on any additional mobile device by clicking in any of the previous Conversation invite emails on that new mobile device
- If using an iPhone or iPad, it must be using iOS 13
How do I get Connect for my Organization?
If you're already a LiveSafe client, just contact your GIST representative and they will quickly get you started with Connect.
If you're not yet a LiveSafe Client, please contact us via the form on this page, or using any of the contact information in the footer --> https://www.livesafemobile.com/contact/