Please note: if you are a full LiveSafe Client using our WorkSafe Toolkit, please see the WorkSafe Toolkit for Clients FAQ. This article is solely for organizations utilizing WorkSafe Essentials, WorkSafe Standard, or WorkSafe Professional.
What is the difference between WorkSafe and LiveSafe?
WorkSafe Essentials, WorkSafe Standard, and WorkSafe Professional are limited versions of the industry-leading safety communications platform, LiveSafe.
How are WorkSafe surveys HIPAA Compliant?
We are not collecting any sensitive healthcare data due to yes/no questions.
Our data repository is HIPAA-certified. We have enacted special compliance measures to fully protect your data, but please note that those measures do impact your interactions with the data. For more information, see the next question.
Compliance requirements within the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) are actually very narrow in application. The act only applies to sensitive health data handled by covered entities like health plan providers, and health care clearinghouses and providers, or their business associates. The vast majority of WorkSafe clients are not covered entities, and for those few that are, the previous two steps should address key concerns.
If you have any additional questions, please let us know!
Why am I limited from exporting PDF results and blocked from searching through my results?
HIPAA Compliant Databases come with special requirements around logging access and monitoring usage. These requirements prevent users from using the Search functionality, or from exporting data as PDF.
Note, however, alternative functionality that is permitted. You are still able to export data as Excel or CSV files, which should actually be more useful than PDF for data review and compliance purposes. Additionally, you can sort the data by any of the fields, helping find information more quickly.
Can I use LiveSafe to support Contact Tracing?
I purchased a Standard or Custom Questionnaire. How do I access results?
Results are accessed via a password-protected web portal. Each organization receives a single password to the portal which can then be shared amongst all individuals who need access. The password must:
- have a minimum 8 characters, and include at least:
- 1 upper case character
- 1 lower case character
- 1 number
- 1 special character
Please identify the individuals who should have access, and then have the individual who purchased the questionnaire email those name(s), email address(es), and the desired password to firstname.lastname@example.org with the SUBJ: Access to questionnaire portal for [organization name].
How many questionnaires do I need?
Ask the following questions:
- Do you have multiple groups (locations, offices, departments, etc.) that require their own, distinct database of answers?
- If yes, each group requires its own questionnaire.
- Example: if you have 3 locations that each require their own distinct database of answers, you need 3 questionnaires.
- Do you require questionnaires in multiple languages?
- If yes, each language requires its own questionnaire.
- Example: if you need a questionnaires in English and Spanish, you need 2 questionnaires. We can stitch these questionnaires together with a single point of entry, but have to build out each questionnaire separately.
- Are there separate groups (locations, offices, departments, etc) that require different sets of questions?
- If yes, each distinct set of questions requires its own questionnaire.
- Example: if you have locations in two different states, and each state has local regulations about questionnaire content, you need 2 questionnaires.
- Did you answer yes to more than one of the above questions?
- If yes, you may require additional questionnaires.
- Example: if you have 2 groups that require their own distinct database of answers, and each group needs questions in both English and Spanish, you need 4 questionnaires.
- Example: if you have 3 locations that require different questions, and each location has 2 teams that require their own distinct database of answers, you need 6 questionnaires.