For your convenience, you can view a brief tutorial video here.
- How do I access the Broadcast Beta functionality?
This functionality can be accessed by all clients in the LiveSafe Dashboard either under the Broadcast section where you typically compose messages, as well as a new Broadcast bullhorn icon on the right navigation rail. No special configuration is required.
- Who can access the Broadcast Beta experience?
All dashboard administrators who have been granted permissions to view and send broadcasts will be able to access the Broadcast Beta experience.
- How should I be using the functionality since this is a Beta test?
While this functionality is in Beta state, please start your usage with non-critical communications to smaller audiences so that you can get acclimated with the new workflow. For all critical mass communications including check-in, please continue to use the Standard Broadcast experience.
- What is different about the new Broadcast functionality from the current?
The new feature functionality addresses several key customer needs including improved delivery statistics, user friendly compose workflow, and removing current restrictions (i.e. character limits). All of this is wrapped in a modern, user tested design that will empower the end user.
- What feature updates can I expect in the near future?
The LiveSafe Product and Engineering teams are furiously working away on shipping new feature updates throughout the rest of 2020. Specifically for Broadcast Beta, you can expect the following new feature functionality to be available by the end of the year:
- Ability to deliver broadcasts and check-ins to groups via Broadcast Beta
- Ability to deliver broadcasts and check-ins to geofences, including active geofences
- Why are there some current Broadcast features not supported in the Broadcast Beta experience, and when will they be available?
Rome was not built in a day. Constant iteration and early feedback is a key guiding principle in building great products, therefore the initial Broadcast Beta experience will not include all current feature functionality available in the classic experience.
This provides benefit on both sides as it allows you, the end user, to become more familiar with the new look and feel while providing us with valuable feedback to get things right. To be clear, the classic experience will always be there until the new experience is fully built.
Some major items that will be available by Q1 2020 include:
- Incorporate icons into check-in response options (i.e. plus/minus, check mark/X, thumbs up/down, caution)
- Broadcast to new and existing groups
- Broadcast to new and existing geofences, including active broadcasts
- Ability to schedule broadcasts and check-ins, including recurring
- New and improved broadcast and check-in templates
- Why are some Broadcast Messages greyed out on the Broadcast Home list?
Any broadcasts previously sent from the standard experience will appear in the Broadcast Beta Home screen, but will be in a limited greyed out state. Those historical broadcasts can be accessed in full depth from the standard experience.
- Why is LiveSafe offering a new version of Broadcast Messaging?
As the industry leading safety and risk communications platform, innovation is a core tenet for us and we remain committed to building the best products in market. The Broadcast Beta experience is the first step towards evolving our platform to meet the complex, ever changing needs of our valued customers.