LiveSafe offers the option to automatically add, remove or update user profiles in your LiveSafe organizations with LiveSafe’s automated user management system. Automated batch updates make it easy to streamline changes to your user information.
Why Use Automated User Management with CSV?
The value of your LiveSafe implementation grows each time a member of your community interacts with the system. That’s why we offer flexible user management options to simplify onboarding your users into the system. Once uploaded, users can receive broadcast email and text messages sent through the LiveSafe platform. They will need to download the LiveSafe app and subscribe to your organization to access the full LiveSafe functionality - including SafeWalk and tip reporting. In addition, only fully registered users are included in geofence targeted broadcasts.
We have recently updated the integration process to make the integration process easier and to provide you with reporting on your user management file. To get the process started, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your public SSH key, in OpenSSH format (sample provided below)
- The email address for whom should receive the file validation and upload results
- The name of the file in which you intend to upload (for recurring uploads, the filename should remain static)
Note: If you don’t operate in a Unix/Linux environment, you may need to generate the Public SSH key using PuTTy and/or PuTTyGen, which can be acquired from this link: https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html.
Sample SSH Key
ssh-rsa-AAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAAABGIZTABAQC9OEfhaZC/O+yp0l/Fqssi/HAVMjQbzJnK PggHJCBHqkxYwSBet926hulYDGL6jbDoEHfMRNIzAAg5adyuVsa2BDc3iPN/7U8oMzL+8 yRpBTZNWFvDZ8bj0L+kJZNhDxi2kT0oj1qCsxY7JRH6FF/TH4/GmMBOd4XRwJ+3Wm6 IgVCGZackugQU+KIlLYQCvxNxL+ZxZ7orPSONoJyp0+SKvEIIDu3UseSop5om2gBXc2f Cu+AH8Y+zrykJ+Rham/qbDOdXx7RGDRdc8kjf+C9UOeHUhKKcXAP8vlGD+QAZGBoe T8wrhP8JDLz8tsx+GpE71YNdpgzJgQUDataL0Hdh
Once LiveSafe has received your SSH key and has configured your user on the SFTP server, you will receive an automated email containing the SFTP connection information, your username, and a sample template to illustrate how your file should be formatted.
The automated email from LiveSafe will provide to you:
- A unique LiveSafe ID for your organization (typically a 32 character UUID)
- The IP address of the SFTP server
- The port number you will need to connect to the SFTP server
- A sample user file to illustrate the proper formatting
Formatting Your CSV Files
IMPORTANT: The AUM process will fail if the file does not adhere to the formatting requirements listed below.
Use the following simple header formats to prepare your files for upload.
- organizationid = This is a value provided by LiveSafe. Please email email@example.com if you need your organization ID.
- username = This value MUST be unique for each user. If you are using an Active Directory or similar system to pull user information, use the user name, employee ID, student ID, member number, etc. that exports with the system. If you are not using a system that has a user name/number, you can include the user's email, mobile #, or another unique identifier of the user in this column.
Note: a username can only be tied to one user in our system if multiple users are listed under the same username the entry will be rewritten with the information of the last entry with that username.)
- lastname = This value is the user's last name
- firstname = This value is the user's first name
- email = This value is the user's email address
Note: Users must have EITHER an email or phone number in order to be uploaded. They CAN have both. If they do not have either listed they will not be loaded. An email can only be tied to one user in our system. If multiple users are listed with the same email, only the first user with that email will have it associated with their profile.
- mobilephone = This value is the user's mobile phone number INCLUDING the country code (+1 for the US), if applicable
Note: Users must have EITHER a mobile phone number or an email address in order to be uploaded. They can have both. A mobile phone number can only be tied to one user in our system. If multiple users are listed with the same email, only the first user with that mobile phone number will have it associated with their profile.
- groupname = This value is the name of a group that the user will be sorted to. All group names listed for the same group must be EXACTLY the same. Only one group can be associated with a user through the automated file. The user may be associated with additional groups manually through the dashboard.
Important Things to Note:
- All column headers are REQUIRED whether data exists for that column or not.
- A user cannot have no contact information at all
- If you DO NOT plan to group your users in an automated fashion, this column is completely optional and the process will NOT fail if data in this column is missing.
- The values listed in the "groupname" column are free-form and can use any nomenclature of your choosing.
- Make sure you double-check spelling, punctuation, etc. in group names as misspellings and mistakes will create duplicate/errant groups and may affect message delivery.
- Groups created by mistake, duplication, misspellings, etc. cannot be edited or deleted at this time.
Uploading the .CSV Files
To initiate adding, updating or removing user profiles for your organization, upload the appropriate CSV file to the SFTP server using the credentials provided in the automated email from LiveSafe. Upon upload, the CSV file will be added to LiveSafe’s queue for processing and will generally be completed within 48-72 hours of upload, however these timeframes are subject to change depending on volume.