Sort of. For consistency and ease of integration, our recommendation is that the file name should be: “livesafe_snapshot.csv”. That being said, the file can be named whatever you'd like it to be as long as the filename remains static through subsequent uploads. Each organization/community has their own SFTP folder, so there are no concerns about other clients files overwriting due to the name format. However, the file name CAN NOT contain time or date stamps. The automation looks for the specific file name to ingest. If the filename contains a time/date stamp, subsequent files will not ingest properly.
Articles in this section
- Uploading Contact Information to LiveSafe
- How to initiate a One-Time Batch Upload
- How to initiate an automated recurring batch file upload
- What authentication formats are supported?
- Will an SSH public key fingerprint provide enough information to start AUM integration?
- Why does the file disappear shortly after I put it in the upload folder?
- How often is the recurring file processed?
- What type of users should be added utilizing the AUM tool?
- Do users have access to LiveSafe after they have been removed from the org?
- What directory should the file be uploaded to?