We are very excited to release Chatbot Tip Submit!
Chatbot Tip Submit (CTS) is a new and improved method for our users to submit their tips. Our users will have the ability to type their tip details immediately and the Chatbot will infer & suggest the type of tip from those details. We will also give the user a better understanding of where their tip is exactly going, and when they should expect a response from their designated security officials.
Why We Built CTS
CTS was created for many important reasons but our top four are:
- Implements more user guidance and encouragement;
- Lowers the overall stakes on the user for submitting information;
- Expands capacity to collect higher quality data;
- Provides users with a better sense that action is being taken on their tip
How CTS Works
1. Users start by tapping on the "Chatbot Tip Submit" card on the home screen.
2. The Chatbot will promptly send a few instructional messages to provide important information and get users comfortable using the chatbot.
- At the top left, users have the option to toggle "Anonymous" on (the default is off)
- Users can tap the "What Can I Report?" button to see the list of tip types your org has configured
- Or user can just start entering their message
3. User enters & submits their message details
- Can enter up to 2000 characters of text, including emoji!
- Capability to add as many images & videos as they want, attaching from their device gallery or take them anew
- The Chatbot will then suggest tip type labels based upon the text submitted
- User can tap to select/unselect as many types as they want
4. User taps "Done"
- The Chatbot will confirm the selected tip type choices
- User will be presented for review all the information they entered, which they can edit
- The tip is submitted to the Dashboard by tapping the "Connect Me" button.
5. The tip is then submitted to the organization's LiveSafe Dashboard
- While being submitted, the Chatbot will send a sequence of informational messages to notify them that their tip is being submitted to someone, and includes the tip #
- The messages provide reassurance that someone will respond to the tip in a timely manner
- A visual timer appears and provides a countdown from 65 seconds (which is the average dashboard response time across all clients)
- The tip is received in the Dashboard just like tips submitted via standard tip submit
6. User is informed that they are connected when the first Dashboard chat response has been received
- The Chatbot icon changes to a person icon to reinforce the human connection
- Two-way chat between the user and the Dashboard admins then continues, with either party able to add new messages at any time
- Dashboard admins process the tip in the Dashboard just like tips submitted via standard tip submit