We've updated the design of the tip submit screens, and in the process added some new functionality. While the update is optional for your organization, and you control when to make the switch, we highly encourage you to adopt it right away to improve & modernize the experience for your users, and ensure you get the most accurate info in the original tip submittal.
What Changes are in this Update?
- Every screen in the tip submit flow has been updated to incorporate the new, modern look & feel of our new mobile app home screen
- Users can now edit their location to specify exactly where they are, or where an incident occurred
- Tip detail & media entry now mimics how most messaging apps work today
What Hasn't Changed?
You can still configure the tip submit screens as you do today. So, you define: the tip type screen subtitle; the tip types; the tip hint text; whether to display/hide the "Anonymous" toggle; the "Tip Submitted" confirmation message; and the 'Chat' button text.
In addition, all your current configurations will carry over to the updated screens, so there's no need for you to do anything if you don't want to make any configuration changes.
What Does the New Tip Submit Flow Look Like?
1/ Start by tapping + on the new Home screen
2/ You'll then see the tip type selection screen
3/ Tap to select a tip type and you'll see the new message entry screen
4/ Tapping the location address at the tip takes the user to a new map screen where they edit their location
5/ Media is now added via buttons within the message entry field at the bottom of the screen
6/ "Submit" the tip by tapping the button at the top right of the screen, and the user is then shown the confirmation message
7/ Tapping the 'Chat' button lands the users in the two-way chat experience
What Do I Need to Know Before Updating?
- In order to gain access to these updated designs, you will have to have first upgraded to our new Home screen design
- In order for your users to see the update, they will have to update their LiveSafe app in the app store. Tip submit will still work in the older versions, it just won't look as nice!
- While there is no longer a specific button to attach audio files, the reality is that it was never really used by tip submitters. Rather, they would submit audio by just using their video cameras, which continues to be a specific button in the app
- Although the number & type of screens in the tip submit flow hasn't changed, they do look different, so any older marketing materials might not look exactly the same, so should eventually be updated
I'm Ready -- How Do I Update?
If you're ready to update, just reach out directly to your LiveSafe account manager, and the'll work with you to implement.
Don't know who your account manager is? Just drop us a message here